Gifts for the Adventurous

a Memphis Traveler's 2015 Christmas List - $25 And Under


The 2015 version of the annual Christmas list is here!  I have put together a list of some items I personally own and have tested and many others that I have researched and would love to see under my own tree! 

Most are geared toward the Outdoorsman and this first part is under $25 because I know budgets are always important. 

Lists for $25-$50, $50-$100, and EDC stocking stuffer lists are in the works.




Under $25:


Suunto Clipper Compass - $15



Clips to the blank area on a watch band so a compass is always with you.


Vanquest CACHE RFID-Blocking Wallet - $23

Prevents remote scanning of credit cards.  Not many left on Amazon, also available on Vanquest.com.



Ultimate Survival Technologies Brila Mini Lantern - Glow - $13




Multi-function LED camp light with glow base and hang clip.


Plano 1312 Field Box - $10


American made, lockable, plastic field box can be used as a survival kit as I have done with mine. 


Enamelware Coffee Mug - $11



Classic Enamelware looks great by the camp fire or on the front porch and they come in a range of colors.  I have a couple true antique solid blue ones, but I think I like these better. 

I also have a couple Solid Copper Mugs that have gotten a great patina over the past few years.


Opinel Trekking Khaki Folding Knife $19




My Opinel is one of the sharpest knives I own.  Mine has a blue plastic handle but I might get this one too because I love the green wood so much.  There is also a Leather Sheath, at least for now they have 10 left.


Morakniv Craftline Basic - $11

Another classic and popular camp knife.  Mora makes a large line of knives but some are maybe too much knife for what it will be used for.  Mine came razor sharp out of the box.  Great to stash in a Plano ammo can survival kit.


Darn Tough Vermont Men's Socks - $18



I know, socks for Christmas? Trust me, you will know when you put these on.  Merino Wool.


Bushnell Powerview 12x25 Compact Folding Binocular - $20




KA-BAR Dozier Folder in blaze orange - $22




Won't get lost in your pack or at the camp site.


Fiskars X7 Hatchet, 14-Inch - $25



Outfit a new camper or young outdoorsman with this and the KA-BAR Dozier for under $50 and they well on their way in the blade department.




Continue to part 2 of the list for $25-$50 and $50-$100 gifts.



--aMT

No comments:

Post a Comment