Gifts for the Adventurous

Leatherman Wave Night Shoot

I know there have been a number of changes to the Leatherman Wave since I purchased mine years ago but it is still one of my favorite tools.

I decided to take mine out tonight to experiment with some night shooting.

 




I have the original nylon case with mine.  It has held up well but that may be because I don't wear it on my belt, it mostly is kept in my pack or some sort of bag.  I believe now they come with a leather/nylon combo sheath.


 

One of my favorite features is the ability to deploy the 4 main tools on the outside without opening the pliers function.  Two of the tools can be deployed one handed, the fine edge knife and the serrated knife. 

 
The saw and the 2 sided file are the other 2 deployable on the outside although by way of a knick on the ends of the tools.

All four of the outside tools also lock into place once fully extended for safety. 



 Once unfolded, the other tools my version has are scissors and three flat screwdrivers on one side and a cap lifter/can opener, Philips head screwdriver, flat pry bar and you can barely see a tiny string or key chain hole at the base of the pry bar on the previous picture. 

The key chain hole is one thing I like that has been upgraded to a substantial lanyard hole to use paracord if needed. 

The current version also has large and small bit drivers with extra bits instead of the screwdriver.

If you don't already have a Leatherman, I highly recommend getting one.  You can check out the Leatherman Wave on Amazon where they are around $80.  Leatherman tools aren't what you would call cheap, but one thing about having a budget is spending your money wisely and buying good tools so you only have to buy them once. 

They have so many models now with specific tools based on your specific work or tasks.

Currently the model I would love to test out and own is the Leatherman MUT Black



It is designed for Military, LE and civilian shooters with threaded tools for cleaning rods, bolt override tool to assist in clearing jammed casings and standard sight adjustment tools.  It also comes with a Molle compatible sheath and separate sight adjustment wrench. 

If you are looking to buy a Leatherman MUT or another Leatherman Multi-Tool, please do so through the links above that support my blog and let me know how you like it. 



Thanks

Stay safe,
--aMT 

No comments:

Post a Comment