Gifts for the Adventurous

Books For A Leadership And Survival Mindset


In addition to outdoors activities and gear, I enjoy reading when I get the chance.  One topic I enjoy is biographies of varied leaders in history as well as leadership topics. 

Leadership is directly related to Survival in that the most important tool you can have in a survival situation is your mind.  The ability to stay focused on the tasks at hand and make decisions is paramount to getting yourself and your loved ones through an emergency.  And the best way to learn about leadership is to read about the actions of past leaders in government, military and business through biographies, historical accounts or directly from the leaders themselves.



As I search for books to add to my reading list I continue to come across new and interesting looking titles in the leadership category either written by a current or former member of the military or written about a military leader or group.  And more specifically, a good number have been written by members of Seal teams or other Special Forces.
  
After reading and highly enjoying Left of Bang: How the Marine Corps' Combat Hunter Program Can Save Your Life recently I have continued to explore this genre through Amazon and their suggested books feature and now have so many I want to read I almost can't decide where to start. 
 
Here I have the list of books I hope to get into this year starting with Extreme Ownership which is en route to me now.
 
 
Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win



 
Team of Teams: New Rules of Engagement for a Complex World



 
Red Team: How to Succeed By Thinking Like the Enemy



 
The Way of the SEAL: Think Like An Elite Warrior to Lead and Succeed



 
The Mission, the Men, and Me: Lessons from a Former Delta Force Commander



 
Patton on Leadership



 
The Jedburghs: The Secret History of the Allied Special Forces, France 1944



 
Leadership and Training for the Fight: Using Special Operations Principles to Succeed in Law Enforcement, Business, and War



 
Service: A Navy SEAL at War




I hope this helps you discover something new and if you have read one of these, let me know what you thought I would love to hear about it.



Stay Safe,
---aMT



No comments:

Post a Comment