Gifts for the Adventurous

Sabra Gear Quick Pouch Review



Sabra Gear is an Israeli company making high quality bags and packs.  I usually do my best to buy American but if I'm buying a foreign product I have absolutely no problems supporting an Israeli company.

Also, Israel is near the top, if not the top destination on my Life List I would love to be lucky enough to visit one day.



Sabra Gear makes multiple size packs in their line including a multi day pack, a day pack and several sizes of smaller packs and pouches.  They also make a great looking Field Belt that I want to try out next.

I ordered the Quick Pouch, which is their smallest pouch, to get a feel for the construction and usability.



Basic stats on The Quick Pouch are:
6" x 6" x 1.5" at its thickest point and weighs 2.6 oz.
It is made of 500D nylon which gives it some basic water resistance.
The Pouch has a rounded profile making it less obtrusive than a squared off pouch.

They are $24 on their Site and with shipping, my total was around $32.  It did take a while, about 2.5 weeks, to arrive so be aware of that if you are ordering as a gift.  But for the quality and price I think are worth the wait.

Here I have it attached to my GORUCK GR1:

 



The construction of the pouch is great quality.  There are no exposed seams on the pouch and even the YKK zipper has a tight closure and comes with a paracord pull. 



 
The back of the pack has two rows of Molle type webbing with thick stitching and sewn on straps for weaving into molle.  Plastic buckles at the bottom are also sewn on so there is nothing extra to buy or get lost to attach this to another pack or your belt.


 
 

The inside is simply an open pouch with no extra pockets, but with a pouch this size, that is all you need. 
 
The pouch holds a lot for its size and as I said earlier can be easily carried on your belt.  With this and a water bottle could be all you need for a light hike or day hike.
 
 
 
For its size it could be used for easy access to food, a first aid kit, survival kit or phone or other electronics.
 

 
Below you can see all the items I was able to fit inside the pouch.  I chose random items that would represent the different ways this pouch could be utilized.  All the items pictured are in the pouch in the above pictures but this is not how I have been using it for the past 3 months.
 
I have been using the pouch to hold basic survival items to throw in my car when it is not attached to my pack.  And with the attachment straps, can be quickly removed if needed for a modular situation where you only wanted to carry the pouch itself.
 
I like the ability it gives to pack with a modular system so you know what is in each bag and you take only those items that you need. 
 
I am currently working on combining different sizes and brands of pouches to see which work best together to create my modular pack system. 





 
 
 As stated, for this post I simply wanted to see how many items I could fit inside and represent different possible functions of the pouch.
 
Items shown:
 
 
Opinel No8 Folding Knife
Zippo Chrome Lighter
 
Magnesium Fire Starter

Bic Lighter

Chap Stick

Basic Wound Care Items - Band Aids, Antibiotic packs and gloves

Tide Stain Remover Pen

Stanley 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver - Mine is by Maratac but this Stanley is $1.83  $4.73 right now!  (I'm sure I could find use for another one)

Petzl E Lite Classic Headlamp - Great little low lumen light.  I've used it from GORUCK Challenges to magma tunnels under Mt St. Helens.

There was actually more room left and I fit an  Emergency Mylar Blankets - 84" X 52" -  they are $4.83 for a 4-count right now?!



I definitely recommend the Sabra Gear Quick Pouch and would like to Thank them for making a great item.  I'm looking forward to trying another of their products.

 
  
 
 
Stay Safe
--aMT

No comments:

Post a Comment