Gifts for the Adventurous

Buck Knives - Compadre Camp Knife

This will be going on my upcoming 2015 Outdoors Christmas Gift List but I wanted to do a separate post about it as well because I just like the looks of this knife so much.



Buck Knives 0104WAS Compadre Camp Knife with Red Blade and Plain Edge.

 

You will either love or hate the red powder coated blade but I like it and think it goes well with the Walnut handle.





At the $60 range in price on Amazon it looks like a good deal for an American made knife.

The knife has a full tang with a 4.5" blade and 9.5" overall length and weighs 7.1 oz and is Made in the USA which is printed right on the blade.

A short span of jimping on the top of the blade and a small heel on the end of the handle looks to be able to lock your hand into the handle as well as 1 hole on the end of the handle for cord.

The knife comes with a black leather sheath. I'm not sure why they chose black as it doesn't seem to go with the camp theme in the Compadre Line. They should change that to brown. Black tends to lean tactical to me.

The blade is plain edge which does make the knife more useful in camp and bushcraft tasks at least.  With a saber grind on the blade it would be good for splitting small logs also.

It appears to have a 90 degree spine which would work well for striking fire steel.

I would love to check one out in person to see how the powder coating holds up and how it actually feels in your hand performing typical camp tasks and take a look at the sheath.

Check it out and let me know what you think. I think this would be good knife for a collector or anyone looking to have a unique knife I'm the field.






Thanks for reading!
Stay safe

-aMT

No comments:

Post a Comment