More modifications and test of the Emergency stove.
I used half a tablet and that got 1 cup of water to just starting to boil before running out.
I ended up using the other half to continue the boil test but it wasn't as hot as I would like it to be. As I stated earlier, ts obviously not a jet boil but I think it an get hotter.
Since I can get another can if I mess this one up, I'm going to open up one side to a larger hole which will allow me to use bio fuel (sticks) to cook with and test that option next.
Just emptied this almond can and realized it is solid metal.
Looks like it would be great to use as an emergency stove with Esbit Solid Fuel Cubes or even a couple charcoal briquettes if that's all you had.
It could be set up with a grate on top and simply cut holes in the sides for air. I happen to have a small vent fan cover from an old desktop that works perfectly.
This is my quick mock up. It may need larger air holes.
I know I will continue to buy the same brand almonds so I always have one of these cans around.
Its not s Weber or a Jet Boil but it would work in an emergency.
Hopefully I will get to test out one of these one day:
Maybe I can save up.