Gifts for the Adventurous

Travel Author - Paul Theroux

It seems that the list of books I want to read grows weekly.  I finally got started on Born To Run after reading the free preview in Google books.  Now I have another one on the list.  It seems there is never enough time in the day to read them all. 




Paul Theroux author of The Great Railway Bazaar and the follow-up Ghost Train to the Eastern Star: On the Tracks of the Great Railway Bazaar has a new travel book out with tips for international travelers and the philisophy of travel.


The Tao of Travel: Enlightenments from Lives on the Road
The Tao of Travel: Enlightenments from Lives on the Road



The Wall Street Journal also recently had review of Theroux's most recent work as well as some of his travel tips here.

From WSJ review: 

On Baggage Claims
I travel with one bag and a briefcase, both leather, made by Glaser Designs in San Francisco, the greatest luggage makers I know. My children will inherit those bags.
On Security Checks
I have secret hiding places for my money in my luggage, because cash is important in remote locations. Don't leave home without it.
 On Proper Outfitting
Never wear shorts in foreign countries. I find Patagonia makes the most appropriate and durable travel clothes…and I'd add Orvis to that.
 
The Ultimate Travel Jacket, Large
The Ultimate Travel Jacket, Large

Embassy Genuine Leather Passport Cover
Embassy Genuine Leather Passport Cover



---

No comments:

Post a Comment